Option 1: Create a New Profile
Social Media Manager
- Job Title
- Social Media Manager
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA 94111
- Other Location
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER
Salary range: $70,543.20- $76,194.30
What We Do
Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
The Social Media Manager plays a critical role at Habitat Greater San Francisco (HGSF) in spreading awareness and driving engagement with key audiences through identified social media channels. This position is responsible for managing and partnering on social media strategy, developing and capturing content and story ideas, and tracking and measuring all analytics. The Social Media Manager will be a crucial role in driving growth and optimization of our social channels, so a growth mindset and passion for social media will be key!
Social Media Channel Management – 60%
- Develop platform-specific content, including writing on-brand and channel appropriate copy, capturing still and video content on-site, and creating dynamic graphics/videos
- Moderate conversations, actively engage with audience on social channels in a consistent and timely manner, encouraging positive interactions with HGSF
- Target / boost social posts in support of broader communications plans
- Collaborate with Marcom team to ensure brand compliance
- Identify, onboard and manage new collaborations and partnerships
- Develop processes and best practices to scale our social media function as we grow
- Assess, recommend, and implement opportunities on new social platforms
- Keep up to date on social media trends, best practices and channel updates, and provide recommendations and updates to the Marcom team to drive further exposure and engagement of a wider audience
- Manage social content plans (paid and organic), mapping to the communication calendar
- Partner with internal Marcom team to help create and implement strong SEO planning
- Track, analyze, and produce weekly reports on performance, make ongoing optimizations and give actionable insights and recommendations
- Utilize insights from analysis to modify and optimize ongoing campaigns and content creation
- Monitor the competitive nonprofit landscape and make recommendations to support HGSF differentiators and lift-up stories of our impact and partnerships
- Audit existing channels and provide ongoing recommendations for improvements and stay up to date on channel features
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of professional experience working with social media channels for a visible brand, including content creation, content capturing, scheduling, social listening and analytics
- Proficient at Microsoft applications, Canva, Creative Suite, and other content creation tools
- Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite
- Basic video editing skills
- Experience with still photography and video creation
- Experience developing and managing social media partnerships
- Possess appetite and passion for social media
- Enjoy a collaborative environment, and being part of a team
- Professional can-do attitude and open to receiving feedback
- Experience working to and meeting deadlines rigorously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage an unpredictable workflow and possess the flexibility to respond thoughtfully and quickly
- Must be able to travel up 10% of schedule within our Tri-County area Marin, San Francisco and San Mateo counties. Must have access to personal vehicle or reliable transportation.
- Must be able to pass background check
(In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. Sometimes this role will work in on outside conditions that may include inclement weather, heat and humidity.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and stand or bend as necessary. Must be able to travel.
Compensation for this role is competitive, DOE. This full-time position offers health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, and 20 paid vacation days, 3 front loaded sick days (accrue up to 72 hours per year), and 13 paid holidays.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Habitat GSF receives federal funds through Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP) and is required by federal law, to the greatest extent possible, to provide job training and employment opportunities to Section 3 residents. *Section 3 residents are defined as public housing residents or low-income persons who live in metropolitan area or non-metropolitan counties where HUD-assisted projects are located.
- Pay Range
- $70,543.20 Annually to $76,194.30 Annually