Option 1: Create a New Profile
- Job Title
- Administrative Assistant
- Job ID
- San Francisco, CA 94111
- Other Location
Pay Rate: $23.50-27/hr
What We Do
Come be part of the affordable, home-ownership movement! Join us and make an impact on people’s lives! Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco believes in the power of homeownership to create generational impact. To this end, we build homes for first-time homeowners and sustain homeownership by helping vulnerable homeowners retain their home as an asset for generations to come.
HGSF seeks a highly organized and detail-oriented Administrative Assistant (AA). The Administrative Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring that Habitat Greater San Francisco remains a premier nonprofit employer whose culture, climate, and practices make it a sought-after place to work. The AA will provide administrative and clerical support for Executive Administrative Assistant (EA) and Executive Team and will successfully oversee the following main office functions: maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, assisting with correspondence and document creation, project management reporting, financial and expense reporting, maintaining files, event logistics and various other assignments as needed.
Administrative Support for Executive Team (80%)
- Provides both routine & non-routine administrative support to EA and Executive Team, handles a significant workload of competing administrative tasks for multiple internal stakeholders with professional discernment and confidentiality.
- Supports the collective schedules of the broader Executive Team both with their teams as well as their individual tasks, including managing calendars, coordinating meetings, prioritizing the most sensitive matters, drafting letters, memos, reports, and other documents.
- Receives incoming communication or memos on behalf of Executive Team, reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff outlining next steps or needed actions with timelines.
- Liaises with Executive Team Members and Finance Department for expense reporting; submits and reconciles expense and mileage reports for all Executive Team members.
- Maintains and enters contractor invoices, membership dues, and subscription fees into Paperless system.
- Arranges travel and accommodations for Executive Team, as needed
- Assists EA with project management reporting for Executive Team, including preparing project plan reports and collecting critical data from important stakeholders.
- Liaises with EA to handle requests, projects, and queries from CEO and assists other Executives and Finance staff in ad-hoc projects, as needed.
- Assists in the organization of offsite meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary for gatherings
- Assists in establishing and coordinating logistics as directed by EA for Board and Board Committee meetings as assigned.
- Provides Support as needed to back up several departments including Finance and Operations.
- Performs additional duties as needed and as assigned by EA.
- 1-3 years in an administrative support role, assistant at Executive level preferred
- Strong skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Teams) and other document and calendar management software
- Close attention to detail and a deep respect for confidentiality
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and with a can-do mentality and aptitude for working in collaborative team environments with a focus on maturity, proactive communication, relationship building skills, and resiliency
- Valid CA driver license, clean driving record, and access to personal vehicle required. Must be able to travel as need through the tri-county service area ( SF, Marin, San Mateo)
- Must be able to travel within HGSF’s tri-county service area ( SF, Marin, San Mateo)
- Must be able to pass background check
(In accordance with state and county law: convictions do not necessarily rule out employment, it depends on the nature and severity of the conviction and is evaluated on a case by case basis, check is conducted on last 7 years only.)
- Experience Supporting a Project Management system a plus
Office Role: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets. This position may begin as remote work and will transition to in-person/in-office work as permitted by the CDC and San Francisco Department of Public Health.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and stand or bend as necessary. Must be able to travel within HGSF’s service area.
Compensation for this role is competitive, DOE. This full-time position offers medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, employee assistance program (EAP), Flex Savings Account (FSA), 403b retirement account, commuter benefits, 20 paid vacation days, 3 front loaded sick days (accrue up to 72 hours per year), and 13 paid holidays.
EEO: Habitat Greater San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer. Habitat Greater San Francisco strives to reflect the diverse community it serves. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.
Habitat GSF receives federal funds through Self-Help Homeownership Opportunity Program (SHOP) and is required by federal law, to the greatest extent possible, to provide job training and employment opportunities to Section 3 residents. *Section 3 residents are defined as public housing residents or low-income persons who live in metropolitan area or non-metropolitan counties where HUD-assisted projects are located.
- Pay Range
- $23.50 None to $27.00 None